I stumbled on this amazing recipe last week on Instagram and when it was time to prepare for my husband dad b-day I decided to take a plunge and make them. I tweaked it a bit to make it what I know I like but kept true to the recipe 95%. Also, I only have 15 min between church and us leaving and it was a success, you do need to freeze them, ideally for two hours. When we got there I put them in the freezer while we were eating. If not, then it will be a Nutella type spread, nothing wrong with that, and it is delicious and nutritious too but if you would like a candy type of treat then freezer is the way.
- 8 pitted dates
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. spoons honey
- 2 tbsp. spoons cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, raw
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts or nuts of your choice
- Place all ingredients in the blender until smooth or you can pulse it if you prefer chunky consistency.
- Using a spatula place two spoonfuls in a silicon muffin mold and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- When ready or firm enough to handle roll in coconut or you an also crush nuts or use cocoa powder to roll the sweet goodness in.
Inspired by Chocolate Raw Balls by Soul food.
Sharing is caring!!! Please like us, subscribe and share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.