- 8 oz. hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut in half-moons
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 tomatoes
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. Free2BFit spice blend
- 4 oz. goat cheese medallions, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C or 375 F.
- In a high-speed blender combine all sauce ingredients and blend until uniform and smooth.
- Use an over safe glass dish and place 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom, spread it out. Place half of the butternut squash over the sauce by overlapping the edges slightly.
- Layer spinach, and chunks of Italian sausage, pore the 1/3 of the sauce over the layers.
- Layer the rest of the butternut squash and pore the leftover sauce over it.
- Cover with foil and cook for 60 min.
Inspired by Health-Bent.
Sharing is caring!!! Please like us, subscribe and share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.