It is getting colder and nothing soothes your soul and tummy as a warm meal. So here is our new addition to the Free2BFit recipe box – Brown Rice Pasta Swirls with Beef and Brussels Sprout. Plus did you know that brown rice pasta had plenty of fiber to keep you full and complimented with lean protein for healthy muscle and Brussel sprouts which are full of cancer fighting antioxidants – you are set for success without sacrificing the taste.
- 1 cup brown rice pasta
- 1 lb. beef | 90% lean
- 1 lb. fresh Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. rosemary, dried
- 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. onion flakes, dried
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F and line a tray with foil. Chop Brussel sprouts into quarters, sprinkle rosemary and olive oil. Bake for 10 min or until tender.
- In a heavy bottom pan on low heat mix spices, onion, olive oil (1 tbsp), and let is simmer on low heat for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for another 5 min. Fold in beef, ground celery ribs, and sprouts. Cook covered on low heat for 15 min or until meat is cooked through.
- To make pasta: boil water and once boiling add pasta. Cooked until soft and cooked through in the inside, about 7 min, then drain and quickly serve with the beef-sprouts sauce.
- Enjoy with grated cheese (optional)!
Sharing is caring!!! Please like us and subscribe – helps me a lot so I can bring you free content. Share with your family and friends through our user friendly social media sharing buttons.