Hi guys, By now you know I like the hotter the better. Well I was thinking about having a salad for lunch but something different so I… Read more “POP Nutrition | Avocado and Bulgur Wheat Kicking Salad”
Hi guys, Here is an overview of what we are doing in September and Sunday is our Rest day or choose any other day if you have… Read more “Monthly Workout Plan | September”
Hi guys, We are changing things up for the months of August but to ensure that we build on a solid foundation and workouts will be broken… Read more “Monthly Workout Plan | August”
Hi guys, Here is an overview of what we are doing in July: (If you are just joining in click here for the Bikini Prep Coffee Talk)… Read more “Bikini Prep | Monthly Workout Plan”
My son got up at 5am with the birds. Not ideal but what you going to do. I took an opportunity to continue reading my Pilates teacher requirement book :). Make the best with what you have. And since we are starting early, there is nothing better then a good breakfast. To all of you who skip it I really think it one who is striving for peak optimal performance in fitness and life (what’s good if life is not part of it) have to start a day right…sets the stage I think.
So here is the weekend champ breakfast for today:
- 1 med banana (great source of potassium)
- cappuccino with 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk and sugar free coffee syrup
- Turbo Power Omelet (see recipe below)
- 1 slice Ezekiel Cinnamon raisin bread with 1 tbsp unsalted and unsweetened crunchy (or smooth whatever rocks your boat) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
- I specifically use it to help my stomach, I naturally have a high-acidic qualities. So I put 1 tbsp into a 1/4 cup of water and let it steep overnight. Worked miracles for me.
Turbo Power Omelet Ingredients:
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 cup eggwhites
- 2 defrosted chicken breast tenderloins
- 1/4 med vidalia onion diced
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese of your choice
- spices to taste (no salt)
Turbo Power Omelet Cooking Steps:
- Spray heavy bottom skillet with canola oil spray, lightly. Add diced onions, cubed chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Cover and simmer on low until chicken is cooked.
- Add eggwhites and cheese, and cook for another 3-5 min or until eggwhites is cooked.
Enjoy your weekend.
Oh and my studio renovation is moving along. The walls and ceiling is up. Half of my equipment that I was planning to get is already here just need to order couple more items and waiting on a few shipments. I cannot wait. Here are a few pics – not the best quality…need to learn a few photography tricks:)
Also, if you are just started to read my blog there are a few articles (more coming) on how to jump start your nutrition, I think that is one of the weakest areas for a lot of us. However, nutrition can break or make you, anything from workout performance, to anxiety, depression, diabetes, high-blood pressure, and etc. One thing though, I am not in the business of quick fixes and miracle diets and/or workouts. I truly believe in moderation, consistency, healthy and nutrition eating, fitness and vitality not over training, and life long habits that can be maintained effortlessly. It will be a long journey but I think my well-being and hopefully you agree that yours is worth it because we are raw models for our children, family, friends, and we all impact so many many lives everyday, you will be surprised. Lets make those impacts positive for us and those around us.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
- I like fish but I do not always eat my 2-3 serving a week. I tend to gravitate toward chicken tenders (love my protein); however, fish is an amazing source of Omega-3 and protein. So this weekend fish is in the spotlight.
- 3 4 oz Tilapia Fillet
- Sesame Seeds
- Dried Wasabi Powder
- Cayenne Pepper POwder
- Orange Peel (dried)
- Szcechuan Peppers powder
- Poppy seeds
- Seaweed (dried)
- 3 coked beets, cucumber, and yellow bell pepper for decoration
* Use spices to taste, I like a lot, the more kick the better 🙂
- Using a cast iron skillet (personal preference) place Tilapia fillets and fold in the spices and pore in a little bit of water so that the fillets will not stick to the pan.
- Tilapia has very light and fluffy texture so it is easily overcooked especially when fresh (you can also use frozen, Trader Joe’s has a great deal on their frozen fish) so cook on low for 10 min or less if fillets are on a smaller side.
- Garnish with vegetables and serve.
Have a great Saturday.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Happy Friday guys,
This week addition to our POP LIfestyle toolbox is – Portion Control. This one is all all about ensuring that you get what your body needs to help you manage the demands of your lifestyle.
So far we were talked about:
- natural and satisfying food options
- mindful eating and meal frequency to help you burn fat and stay lean
- lean protein
The truth is, we need a little bit of everything to help us stay on track and ward of binging and overeating or restricting calories too much. .Yes, if I tell you go ahead and cut down your food intake to 1200 calories of course you will loose weight. Unfortunately, you will also loose your energy, lean muscle (that actually helps you to burn more fat), and also will get out of touch of the natural biorhythm that help you guide and control your food intake based on what your body needs to stay healthy and function well. For exmple, if you need to oil your car. You go an get good car shop but they do not tell you: Hey I got this good oil but because it is so high quality you need half of it. I do not think so. It might run for a but but then it will break and you will need a little more then oil to get it fixed.
Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that restrictions will not get you far. Think about it, have you been around a person on a diet, are they happy? I do not think so. Depressed and obsessed.
And, yes, I did it all: 1000 calories, cabbage diets, pills, but nothing yelled long-term sustainable results that could be easily maintained througout my life without damaging my health. And forget about it when you are on vacation or a gathering. That is why these series of posts are designed to help you get back in touch with you body and stop feeding your emotions, give into peer pressure of you have to live a little, and help you slowly and gradually release food obsession both unhealthy and healthy food ones.
Through out my training (15 years), I noticed that depending on what I do my body tells me to tweak my carbohydrate, protein, and fats. If I do more more cardio and agility conditioning I tend to eat a little more carbs. On the days where strength and weight training is prevailing I eat more protein. But nonetheless, majority of the time it comes down to 1 serving of healthy protein, 1 serving of fiberfull carbs, and 2 -3 serving of vegetable to keep me light on my fet and ward of energy spikes (lows and highs).
Here is simple chart to help you learn portion sizes no matter where you are and in just as little as few weeks you will naturally see you body starting to tone and shape effortlessly:
So going forward, continue incorporating effective POP Tools (nutritional guidance and recipes) and free workouts routines and challenges into your daily routine, and you will be surprised just how much energy, vitality, and of course lean muslce you can gain.
Have a great weekend.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit