As my refuels days come up (every 4 day) I have been enjoying the muffins that I made ahead of time and then froze not to be tempted thinking that they will go bad and I need to eat them right away.
- 1 cups Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Cereal
- 1 cup Go Raw 100% Organic Simple Granola Cereal
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Eggs
- 2 scoops Heavenly Chocolate Egg Protein
- 1/4 Cup Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Flax Seeds
- 1/4 Oat Bran
- 1/4 Almond Meal
- Stevia to taste
- 2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Put the batter into the muffin sheet
- Cook for 20 min or try it with a toothpick to be almost dry. I leave a bit on the moist side since I freeze them and that help to keep them moist when I reheat them in my toaster oven.
Enjoy with a table spoon of unsalted and unsweetened dry roasted organic peanut butter (Trader Joe’s have been out of stock for a while 🙁 and they have the one that I like the most) and a cup of tea or coffee or after a workout as a post-workout snack when you get bored from drinking your protein shake.
Have a great weekend.
P.S. I am ordering my 21 ft rig for the aerial silk and aerial yoga. Uh. So excited.It does take 4-6 weeks to get here but still finally I am getting one for my back yard. I had to move my trampoline though to free some space. But that’s a good thing.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Here is the info where you can get Watkins Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract or Healthy ‘n Fit 100% Egg Protein in Heavenly Chocolate that I use in my recipes in case your would like to get some:
I really enjoy granola bars and protein bars. They are crunchy, they are delicious, and they give you the protein and fiber you need after the workout (keep the sodium though). After all, it is exactly post-workout when it is the best time to get in your fiber carbs. I make a batch over the weekend and cut into power bar slices to eat one after a workout when I get bored from drinking my protein shake or instead of breakfast oatmeal with my favorite cappuccino coffee drink. I mix french-vanilla and creamy hazelnuts coffee, vanilla soy milk, and Da Vinci sugar free French Vanilla Syrup. I feel like I am being naughty but it is good for me too – the best combination ever :).
So as promised a delicious, low sodium, fiberfill, and full of good sources of protein: Scrumptious Post Workout Granola Snacks.
- 2 Cups Old-fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Sliced Dry Roasted Almonds
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 3 tblsp Chunky Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2/3 Cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Organic Raisins
- 1/4 Chia Seeds
- 1tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 F ( I use my wonder toaster oven – courtesy my bf – absolutely love it, it is so handy).
- Combine all the ingredients besides sesame seeds and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and pack it in, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 min depending on weather you like it extra crunchy or a bit on a chewy side.
Hope you enjoye my post.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Hi guys, For New Year’s my boyfriend bought me a flour mill. I know, most woman want perfume and diamonds, well I want that too but I also love bagels and ravioli and good luck finding Ezekiel bagels or ravioli. If you know a place please that makes them please let me know. But for now, I choose a flour mill over diamonds and gold 🙂
I will be posting Ezekiel bagels and pita recipes soon but this weekend we are doing Creamy Seafood Medley Jasmine Rice Flour Ravioli from scratch. And, yes I really mean form scratch. I am always salivating for the lobster creamy ravioli that my boyfriend makes but I wanted to cut the fat and make it whole grain or rice flour to give it a little more nutritional value.
You will need the following ingredients (or yes I always cook for a party so cut down on the ingredients if you cooking for just yourself ):
- 1.5 lb Jasmine Brown Rice (I love Trader Joe’s brand)
- 3 whole eggs and 3 egg yolk Eggs
- 7 oz Light Coconut Mil
- 14 oz Cans Unsalted Plus Tomatoes (whole & peeled)
- 16oz Bag Large Wild Shrimp
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese (Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina, & Mild Provolone)
- 8 oz Bag Seafood Medley
- 8 oz Bag Langostino Tails
- 8oz Wild Large Shrimp
- 8 oz Wild Scallops
- 8 oz Babe Carrots
- 8 oz Bag Celery
- 16 oz Soy Milk Creamer or Regular Creamer
- Extra Virgin Oil for boiling pasta
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- Curry Powder to Taste
- 1/2 Head of Garlic
- Roasted garlic and red pepper flakes
- Dried basil and cilantro
Pasta Cooking Instructions:
- Mill jasmine brown rice using the finest grade setting on the flour mill
- Take 4/5 of the the milled rice flour, add eggs and egg yolks, and mix until smooth and can me more or less easily taken off for your hands
- Once done, take a cutting board, dust flour so when you transfer the dough it will not stick, cover with a towel or plastic wrap and leave for 45 min
- Dust the table and knead the dough until is elastic and smooth (you will end up using the rest of the 1/5 of the flour)
- To make ravioli, you will need pasta making machine with a ravioli cutter attachments or you can cut them by knife.
- Cut dough into two fist size pieces
- Then roll out each piece with a rolling pin to make sure it can go through the pasta flattener
- Once ready cut of the end with a pasta cutter to make sure it is the same width as the ravioli cutter attachment
- Take the flat and cut dough sheets and put it through the ravioli attachment
- After putting the dough through the ravioli attachment, place the dough pieces on a table and fill in with 1 tsp of the seafood mixture (directions below)
- Cover with the second half and use a bit of water along one side to close the ends by slightly squeezing them together
- Fill up a pot with water and bring it to boil
- Add a bit of olive oil and add ravioli one a time
- They should be cooked once all are floating at the top; however, since we are using brown rice flour leave them boiling for another 10 min or so to make them softer.
Sauce and Ravioli Stuffing Cooking Instructions:
- In a pot bring to a boil about a gallon of water and place all the seafood
- Cook until shrimp and seafood its pink it might need a little more time for the scallops
- Drain most of the water but keep 5 cups for the sauce
- Slice babe carrots, celery, chives, and onions
- Put the 5 cups of the seafood broth into a large pot, add sliced carrots, celery, chives, onions, 1 tsp garlic, curry powder, and reduce until half of the liquid is evaporated (keep it boiling on low so it will not burn, and stir frequently)
- In the meantime, combine all the seafood, roasted garlic flakes, red pepper flakes, dried basil, cilantro, and 1 cup of cheese in a blender
- Pulse seafood mix until slightly chunky
- Split the seafood medley into 2 parts
- Add half of the mixture into the sauce and use the other one for ravioli filling
- Once the sauce is reduced to a half of the original amount add creamer, light coconut milk and keep reducing on low
- In the meantime saute 1/2 onion, with 1/2 cup oat bran, and 1 tbsp olive oil and then fold the mixture into the broth
- Keep reducing until designed consistency (I like mine a little on the runny side) then add 1/2 seafood blend and cooked ravioli, simmer for 5 min.
Serve right away and enjoy this healthy, fiberfill, omega 3 plentiful, tasty, and nutritious meal without any guilt.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit