Hope your week is going great. I love cooking form scratch and my boyfriend is half Italian so he absolutely loves pasta. I was watching a cooking show and that gave me an idea for Marinara sauce. It’s simple, it easy, but still so so delicious. You can add any toppings: chicken, sausage, shrimp – imagination is all yours.
- 7 med tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp spices de provence
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of brown rice shells pasta
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (optional)
- basil leaves for garnish
- 16 oz wild blue shrimp
- Using a heavy bottom pan, add oil, hopped onions, spices. Let cook for 3 min so that onion saturates in the spices flavors.
- Add chopped green onions and tomatoes.
- Simmer on low for 45 min or until the sauce is reduce twice in volume and there is not too much liquid. I added buckwheat to m y sauce to make the sauce thicker. I prefer a heartier consistency but it is totally up to you. Keep steering often to prevent burning.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5 min.
- Meanwhile boil water. Add 1 tbsp oil, fold pasta shells, and cook in boiling water for 10 min or until cooked to taste.
- When ready drain and fold pasta into the sauce.
- Garnish with basil leaves and enjoy. Easy as that.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Hope everyone is safe and even though some of us do not have power the main thing is that everyone is alright.
Today we are making a healthy pasta dish that will satisfy your pasta cravings s here it is Brown Rice Shells With Crab Meat & Tomato Sauce If you really want you can add 1 tbsp of grated cheese to make it x-tra delish.
- 2 cups of brown rice pasta
- 1 garlic head
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 tsp coriander
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz canned or fresh crab meat
- 3 large tomatoes (chopped) or 8 oz canned unsalted tomatoes (no liquids)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Boil water and add 2 cups of pasta. Boil on low for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, chop onion and cook it until golden brown, then add crab meat.
- In a blender combine all spices and tomatoes. Blend until smooth. Fold into crab and onion mixture. Cook on low for 5-7 min.
- Fold in cooked and drained pasta.
Esse LIbere Fitness – Free To Be Fit