I used to eat store bought hummus all the time and then just got tired of it. Even my favorite TJ’s brand which is not as salty… Read more “POP Nutrition | Spring Hummus (Gluten Free)”
I do believe that variety is a spice of life and the key to long-term success when it come down to healthy eating habits. And spices come… Read more “POPN Paleo | Greenies with Citrus Vinaigrette (GF)”
I cook a lot of one pot meals. They are fast, easy, and satisfying. Plus they allow you to eat healthy while on a budget and when… Read more “POPN Paleo | Chicken and Cauliflower Stew (GF)”
Chilli….warms up the hearts and bodies of hungry souls all over the world. And, I as many others, just cannot resist its fragrant lure, chewy texture, and… Read more “POP Nutrition | Beany Beef Chilli”
Although Crock-Pots and Cast-Iron Dutch Ovens were forgotten for a wile and were considered your grannies kitchen necessity they are making their way back. There is just… Read more “POP Nutrition | Winter Beef Roast and Vegetables Pot (GF)”
I never though about smashed carrots until I met my husband. His dad always makes them and they are absolutely divine. Here is my personal twist with… Read more “POPN Paleo | Caraway Smashed Carrots (GF)”
I know first hand how hard it is to plan for the week ahead while juggling full time work, kids, family, and school and etc. And I… Read more “POP Nutrition | How to eat healthy through out the week (Plus 4 QUICK ways to sneak your veggies in)”
Hi guys, I know beans lately have been getting bad rap but even Paleo allows lentils. And did you know that lentils give energy and stabilize blood… Read more “POPN Paleo | Lentils and Turkey Bacon Stew”
Today was my Pilates. Oh and by the way whatever I did yesterday kicked my booty – I am sore today and its been awhile since I was sore. I just do not get sore anymore. It does not mean that I am not working hard but that showed me that I used the muscle I have not used in awhile . Sweet.
A new routine will be posted tomorrow. But I wanted to share a traditional Russian Dish with you but made a bit healthier by using lean ground turkey and brown rice. So here it is: Cabbage Leaves Stuffed With Lean Ground Turkey & Jasmine Brown Rice.
- 1 med young cabbage head
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup jasmine brown rice or regular brown rice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- low fat sour cream or hummus for garnish
- 1 liter low-sodium chicken broth or tomato sauce (both optional)
- Boil water in a tall cooking dish (just like the one you sue for spaghetti).
- Once the water start to boil, separate the leaves and dip them into the water one at at time. Boil for 3 min. Do not over cook or they will break into pieces when you will be stuffing them with turkey and rice mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook 1 cup or brown rice (ration 1 cup rice : 2 cups water). Let it cool.
- In a deep dish pan combine spices, cooked rice, and turkey.
- When cabbage leaves are ready, drain the water and let them cool on a rack.
- Then stuff cabbage leaves with about 1 tbsp of the turkey and rice mixture.
- Prepare a deep dish thick bottom cooking pan. Lay small unusable cabbage leaves on the bottom (prevent burning) and then place stuffed cabbage leaves on top. Cover with water or chicken broth or tomato sauce. Cook for about 10-15 min on low.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit