I think we are what we eat and that, at least for me personally, goes beyond just macro-nutrients (e.g., carbohydrates, proteins and fats). I am blessed with… Read more “POP Nutrition | Organic vs. Non-GMO”
Lean meat is essential for muscle development and when one has low red blood cell count to boost immune system and health. And while most of us… Read more “POPN Paleo | Fragrant Turkey Cakes (GF)”
Hi guys, We are in November and nothing beets a sweet tooth and a healthy meal like sweet potato. For it helps with craving like nothing else… Read more “POP Nutrition | Sweet Potato Cheezzy Fries”
Hi guys, Pasta, pasta, pasta…who does not love it. And again in moderation there is nothing wrong with it. But what one does when it is late… Read more “POP Nutrition | Satisfying Spaghetti Squash with Basil Mushroom Pesto”
Hi guys, I love bread. But when getting ready for bikini competition eating delicious loafs especially in the second half of the day will cost you flat… Read more “POP Nutrition | The Hottest thing since the slice bread – Zucchini Carrot Hot Slice”
I really like split pea or potato leak soup or even more the creamy consistency that they have. So I decided to make Chicken, Pea, Corn, Asparagus, and Wild Rice Pure/Soup. Also, this makes a whole week worth of healthy, low-sodium, gluten-free, protein, and fiberfill lunches or a dinner ad left over lunch for a family.
- 16 oz. Sweet Corn
- 16 oz. Sweat Peas
- 16 oz. Asparagus
- 2 lb Chicken Tenderloins
- 1/2 Wild Rice Mix ( I use equal parts of Basmati Brown Rice and Wild Rice)
- 2 16oz Bags Of Low Sodium Chicken Broth (really makes a difference in flavour)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Peppers
- In a large pot combine all the ingredients and cook on low for about 45 min.
- Once cooked transfer to a blender and pulse. I used a hand-held one and preserved a bit of corn and peas while making chicken finely chopped.
- Pore in a bowl, decorate with cilantro and serve warm with croutons.
Hearty and delisous.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
You already saw that I will be competing in August but that does not mean we have to stop eating:)
Moreover, I also started experimenting with different sauces to add flavor without the sodium or fat and this is what I came up with today: Rustic Carrots and Jasmine Brown Rice Linguine with Chicken Breast Tenderloins. The recipe below is for one person so pump up the amount if you are cooking for too.
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Curry
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1tsp Ell Diablo pepper powder
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Bunch of Fresh Pea Shoots
- Bunch of Fresh Chives
- 1 cup Rustic Frozen Carrot
- 2 frozen chicken breast tenderloins
- 1/2 cup Cooked Jasmine Brown Rice Linguine (click on the link to get the recipe)
- In a cast iron pan simmer combine low sodium chicken broth, curry, onion powder, chopped cilantro, Ell Diablo pepper powder, chives, and simmer on low until it thickens or 1/2 of the liquid is evaporated
- Meanwhile, in the microwave oven on high heat up 2 frozen chicken breast tenderloind and 1 cup of rustic carrots for two minutes (tenderloins and carrots are frozen so that will get them cooking faster)
- When done, fold into the sauce, add precooked jasmine brown rice linguine, fresh pea shoots, and cook on low for about 7 min or until chicken is cooked through
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Fit
Chilli, there are so many variations and opinions. I hope you like this one. Especially in this chilli weather. It’s a perfect meal and has so much… Read more “POP Nutrition: Chilli.Ru”
Good morning, today is day two of the first week of out 3 month lean out and pull-up able workout plan. I will still be traveling to… Read more “MTRW Focus: Lean Legs”
This weekend I am going to my yet another training, this time to NY. I am working toward 200 hour certification with YogaFit. This time is a… Read more “POP Nutrition Focus: Weekend Joy & Hmm…Hmm…Good…French Toast”