This is the first weekend in February, the winter will be over soon and we will be back wearing shorts, swim trunks, and tank tops.
As I promised, when we started our 3 Month Lean Out Plan, here is the first one of the series of posts on Peak Optimal Performance (POP) Lifestyle. One of the key ingredient that will help you stay in POP is nutritional nurturing. I purposefully do not call it a diet. I think that word is misused and I do not want to bring any negative associates and mindsets along with it.
Overall, I believe in small conscious changes to our daily routines that eventually grow into a lifestyle that not only improves out performance while training but also helps us improve our energy levels so we can take on everything that our lives through at us.
So here is the first step – introducing as many natural foods as possibles. If you have an opportunity to eat fresh or baked vegetables fill up your plate from the list below before you go for anything else. Aim to fill half or more of your plate with the items from the POP Power List
POP Power List:
- Protein – lean red meat, fish, eggs, low fat – plain yogurt, beans, tempheh, low fat cottage cheese, chicken breasts, turkey breasts, protein supplements, protein isolates, egg protein shakes (look for low sodium options whenever possible – I will be posting links to the one that I take, it took me a while to pin-point the ones that taste good so will save you some time), and etc.
- Veggies and Fruits – spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, oranges, mixed berries, apples, beats, brussel sprouts, asparagus, lettuce, bananas, watermelon, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, grapefruits, cucumbers, kale, collards, and etc.
- Non veg fiberfill Carbs– quinoa, couscous, oats, oatbran, brown rice, sprouted grains, ezikiel bread, ezikiel pasta, and etc.
- Good Fats – nuts, avocados, sunflower seeds, olive oil, fish oil, flax seeds, coconut milk or oil, chia seeds, and etc.
- Drinks – green tea, BCCAs, coffee (no sugar and not too much), greens supplements, carrot or beet juices (low glycemic), and etc.
This list is not all inclusive and I would welcome your suggestions so we can add on to it.
So lets start this week with a conscious decision to be an active participants in our health. So going forward we should pro-actively acknowledge the fact that are options that are available for us and we can make our dreams come true and live a free, healthy, and happy life.
Esse Libere Fitness – Free To Be Free